Ready to join the Republican Party? Want to be an official member of the GOP? Need help figuring out how to do it? We can help!
When to Change Your Registration
Voter registration closes on the Monday prior to the fourth Tuesday prior to the Primary or General Election. The General Election is the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November while the Primary Election is the first Tuesday after third Monday in May. KRS 118.025 and KRS 116.045
Are You Registered to Vote Now?
If not, you can now register online here.
What If I’m Not Registered?
In order to be eligible to vote, you must:
- Be a resident of Kentucky and the United States for no less than 28 days prior to the election
- Not be a convicted felon, if civil rights have not been restored
- Not be declared mentally incompetent by a court of law and have voting rights removed
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere other than Kentucky
- Be at least 18 years of age before the general election*
*If 17 at the time of the primary election but 18 at the time of the general election, you are eligible to vote in the primary election.
Get All The Details
In order to vote in a party’s primary election after changing your party affiliation, you must change it on or before December 31st, prior to that primary election. KRS 116.055
The deadline for registering the November 2015 General Election (Nov. 3) is October 5.
In order to register, you can go over to this link and download the voter registration card: Kentucky Voter Registration Card. After the registration card has been filled out, you can send it to the State Board of Election in Frankfort at this address:
State Board of Elections
140 Walnut Street
For further information, you can contact the State Board of Elections here:
Deaf and Hard of Hearing persons with TDD: call (502) 573-7100