President Trump Is Taking Unprecedented Steps To Stop the Border CrisisJune 26, 2019
President Trump on National SecurityJuly 2, 2019
California Sen. Kamala Harris and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren want to know how @realDonaldTrump is measuring the greatness of this economy. During the debate Warren argued that the economy under President Trump is “doing great for a thinner and thinner slice at the top”
President Trump’s policies have put the American economy into high gear.
- Since President Trump was elected over 6 million jobs have been created.
- The GDP for the first quarter of 2019 was 3.2% – the fastest first quarter growth in 4 years.
- Highlights of May’s jobs report:
- The unemployment rate remained at 3.6% – the lowest rate since December 1969.
- There have been 15 straight months of unemployment at or below 4%.
- Hispanic American unemployment remained at a record low 4.2%.
- The Asian American unemployment rate was 2.5%, a near record low.
- The African American unemployment rate dropped to 6.2% – a near record low and lower than any previous presidency.
- The unemployment rate among women was 3.5%, one of the lowest marks since 1953.
- Unemployment for workers without a bachelor’s degree is at the lowest level since 2000.
- The unemployment rate for workers with disabilities reached a record low.
- Wage growth has remained at a strong 3.1%. This is the 10th straight month where wage growth was at least 3%.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit record highs more than 80 times under President Trump, including closing higher than 26,000 points for the first time in its history.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed historic tax cuts and relief for hard-working Americans. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is the first major tax reform signed in 30 years.
- As a result of the historic tax cuts, nearly 9,000 Opportunity Zones were created in all 50 states, DC, and 5 territories. Opportunity Zones will spur $100 billion in private capital investment and impact nearly 35 million Americans.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act increased the Child Tax Credit by 100% keeping more money in the pockets of hardworking mothers.
- Economic confidence rebounded to record highs under President Trump because his pro-growth policies have and continue to put American workers and businesses first.
- President Trump has rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations at a record clip which has saved billions and unleashed massive economic growth.
- This includes rolling back the costly Obama-era “Clean Power Plan.”